ARTS FOR MENTAL HEALTH
We are a student-led non-profit that hopes to provide students who are interested in both arts and mental health the opportunity to explore, experience, and learn together. All university students and sixth form students (worldwide) are welcome to join our free membership in which you can participate in our creative groups, workshops, talks and contribute to our team. Come join us to explore the power of art and learn about different mental disorders with like-minded students!
- Regular every Saturday 11-12:00 UKTZOOMThe ARTSMH Creative Group meet every Saturday over zoom, in which we explore the benefits of the arts to our mental health through different medium of the arts. The medium of arts currently includes Painting, Drawing, Crafts, 3D, Music, Drama and Dance.
UCL OUTREACH BRANCH
UCL Student Union Volunteering Services x ARTSMH
Starting from January 2022, we will start our outreach programme in collaboration with UCL Student Union and various London-based organisations. Partnering organisations are
- The London International Gallery of Children’s Art
- Holborn Community Association
-Sapphire Community Group
2021 - 2022 student leaders
We are now recruiting student leaders (volunteers) for the following positions
- External Opportunities Officer
- Research Officer
- Content Writers (Arts/ Psychology)
- Creative Group Leaders/ Assistants
- Event officers
- Social Media & Marketing Officer
- Publicity & Marketing Officer
- Website & Administrative Officer
ARTSMH ANNUAL EXHIBITION
View the Exhibition now
Our 2021 exhibition includes a diversified range of artworks under 3 main themes: Representing the self via art; Appreciate detail via art; Connection via art. A wide range of mediums have been used (e.g. painting, dance, music...)
October Updates - Inspired by Research
- 'Lockdown wellbeing: children who spent more time in nature fared best'- University of Cambridge (Article)
- University of Bath (Article)
Read more by visiting our summary page
Articles (blog) written by our members will be published on our website and social media. Follow us for regular updates! Do contact us if you would like to contribute.
Join our creative group to get inspired, be creative and build friendships with like-minded students. We hold creative group sessions over zoom weekly for you to socialize and create artwork.
We hold talks/sharing per month to provide psychology and arts-related information. Come join us to learn more from professionals, psychologists, therapists, artists...
Follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn or regularly visit our website for the latest internal and external volunteering opportunities. Don't hesitate to contact us for more information.